If you’re looking for some pointless debate topics, then you’re certainly in the right place. Keep on reading for the most pointless things to debate about! We have the best ideas for you and your students!
Pointless Debate Topics
Without further ado, let’s get into the most pointless things to debate about to have some fun talking in class about. Here are the top 20 ones to consider:
- Which is better, cats or dogs?
- Pepsi or Coke? Which is the ultimate drink?
- Pizza or burgers? Which one is the best food?
- Would you rather be really tall, or really short?
- Pineapple on pizza is wrong. Do you agree or disagree?
- Clowns are scary. Do you agree or disagree?
- Why are bad words considered to be bad?
- Do smartphones make up stupid?
- Mac or PC? Which one is best for home use? Or the office?
- Gum should be banned in my country. Agree or disagree?
- Sports players make too much money.
- Star Trek or Star Wars? What’s the ultimate one?
- Are books usually better than related movies?
- Is yoga really exercise?
- Is golf a real sport?
- Potatoes are the world’s most perfect food. Agree or disagree?
- Android vs iOS? Which one is better?
- Should the Oxford comma be mandatory?
- Should plant-based drinks like “oat milk” be called “milk?”
- Is a hot dog really a sandwich? Or does it belong in its own category?
Looking for something more casual? Check this out: Questions to debate with friends.
More Debate Topics
Do you need more ideas for debates in your classes? There are a ton more ideas for funny, serious, controversial debates and more. Have a look at some of the best ideas for all ages: Funny and Controversial Debate Topics.
Pointless Debates: Join the Conversation
Do you have any pointless debate topics that you’d like to add to the list? Or, ideas for teaching speaking and conversation? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter and let the debates continue on!