Solving a tricky question can be very rewarding. We’ve probably all been there. For kids, these tricky questions are riddles. Getting the right answer for a kid’s riddle can be so much fun for children! Activities and games are also a great way to develop core skills for children. You might be a parent or teacher looking for fun riddles for your kids or students. You are definitely at the right place! Continue reading to get the 25 best riddles for kids with answers.
What are Riddles?
Before we get into the actual list of the questions, what are riddles? According to the Oxford dictionary, a riddle is a question that is difficult to understand and that has a surprising answer; it is usually asked as a game. Yes, riddles definitely need a second thought and usually feel like trick questions. Riddles are meant to have you think out of the box and be creative.
25 Best Riddles for Kids with Answers
Here is the list of the best riddle questions for your children or students. The questions are divided into different categories: easy, hard, funny, animal, and math. Find the category you are interested in and go through the fun riddles. Don’t forget to check the answers and see if you and your kids get everything correct!
Easy Riddles for Kids
Check out the easy riddles to start with.
- Riddle: Some people think I go too slow. Others think I go too fast. Most people are always checking me. What am I?
- Riddle: What goes up but never goes back down?
- Riddle: What goes down but never goes back up?
- Riddle: You have something that other people use far more often than you. What is it?
- Riddle: If you have one, you want to share it. If you share it, you haven’t got it. What is it?
Hard Riddles for Kids
These questions are a bit trickier. Can you solve these challenging riddles?
- Riddle: What can run but not walk?
- Riddle: I have no lungs, but I can breathe. I have no life, but I live and die. I have no legs, but I can dance. What am I?
- What gets bigger when more is taken away?
- What has a head and a tail, is brown, and has no legs?
- I never ask questions but am often answered. What am I?
Funny Riddles for Children
- What kind of room has no doors or windows?
- I’m in the air, but I’m not always there. I can be felt or held. It’s easier to see me if you live in a cold place. What am I?
Answer: Your breath
- Dead people eat me all the time. Living people will die if they eat me. What am I?
- I am the most slippery country in the world. What am I?
Answer: Greece (grease)
- What are two things you can never eat for breakfast?
Answer: Lunch and Dinner
Animal Riddles for Kids
- A cat has one, a horse two, an elephant three. What am I?
Answer: Vowels (A, E, I, O, U)
- Which animal loves baseball?
Answer: A bat
- Which animal has two eyes in front and many more behind?
Answer: A peacock
- I can honk without using a horn. What am I?
Answer: A goose
- What did the leopard say after eating lunch?
Answer: That really hit the spot!
- What weighs more? A pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?
Answer: The same. Both are a pound.
- What’s the next number? 0, 20, 2, 18, 4, 16, __.
- Why was 6 scared of 7?
Answer: Because seven ate/eight nine (7, 8, 9)
- What is the only number spelled with the letters in alphabetical order?
- How many times can you subtract 10 from the number 10,000?
Answer: Only once. Once you subtract 10 from 10,000 it becomes 9990. It’s no longer 10,000.
Other Types of Questions for Kids
If you are looking for more questions for children, check out these ones.
- Would You Rather Questions for Kids
- This or That Food Questions
- Would U Rather? Sports Questions
- Math Riddles for Kids with Answers
- Would you Rather Superhero Questions
FAQs About Riddles for Kids
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about riddles for kids.
What is the purpose of a riddle?
Riddles require ingenuity to ascertain the question’s answer and meaning. It helps kids to use their creativity to understand complex questions and solve tricky problems. It is a great practice to think out of the box.
How do riddles boost child development?
Riddles are believed to greatly improve children’s mental capability. Children can develop these two core skills by solving riddles: critical thinking and problem solving skills. The greatest benefit of riddles, besides being fun, is improving children’s comprehension skills.
What can a child make but no one can see?
The answer is ‘noise.’
Riddles for Kids: Join the Conversation
What are your thoughts on these fun questions for kids? Did you find any of these questions tricky? Riddles are really fun but are also beneficial for child development. Foster the creativity of your children or students by solving our list of the best riddle for kids! Also, if there is another topic of riddles you want us to provide, let us know in the comments. We’d love to hear from you!